There is no data folder

Hi,

I've downloaded the free version of the game to test it because it is looking very awsome.
After I extracted the file I tried to start the game, and there was the following error:

[ich@faultierfarm Islanded Beta 0.10 Linux]$ ./Islanded_Beta_010.x86_64
Set current directory to /opt/Islanded Beta 0.10 Linux
Found path: /opt/Islanded Beta 0.10 Linux/Islanded_Beta_010.x86_64
There is no data folder

The data folder is existing, and I found some informations about this problem in some forums. It is regarding to the unity engine or so. What can I do to get it working?

Thanks.

Comments

• AdamAdam Administrator
    FalkAlexander, post: 382, member: 852" said:
    Hi,

I've downloaded the free version of the game to test it because it is looking very awsome.
    After I extracted the file I tried to start the game, and there was the following error:

[ich@faultierfarm Islanded Beta 0.10 Linux]$ ./Islanded_Beta_010.x86_64
    Set current directory to /opt/Islanded Beta 0.10 Linux
    Found path: /opt/Islanded Beta 0.10 Linux/Islanded_Beta_010.x86_64
    There is no data folder

The data folder is existing, and I found some informations about this problem in some forums. It is regarding to the unity engine or so. What can I do to get it working?

Thanks.
    I will look into this now, thanks for the info.
  • I got it working with a bad trick.
    The data folders name scheme is a different as the one from the executeable.
    Islanded_Beta_010_x86x64_Data
    Islanded_Beta_010.x86_64

Renaming the executeable, so that it matches the data folders scheme helps:
    Islanded_Beta_010_x86x64_Data
    Islanded_Beta_010_x86x64

After this change the game is starting, although it has very very slow graphics because the Unity Engine is performing so crazy bad on modern Intel GPU's.
  • AdamAdam Administrator
    Sorry for not replying earlier, but the Unity version in which the last update was compiled seems that had issues when was compiled for Linux (Unity changed how folders and executables where named, but didn't check if they where the same). Should get fixed in the next update.

About Intel Graphics, I never intended the game to work on integrated graphics, and I never tested it. So far has been working on Very Low on GTX 200 Series.