Little Dissapointed

MeowstersMeowsters Backer
edited August 2016 in Suggestions
Shiny new graphics, nice new interface, doors, stairs a few other building things, also changed to unity 5, fair enough this has taken time but there is even less to do than in the other versions now you have restricted inventory and not letting things stack (really), night lasts 4 times longer than day (or so it seems) so your doing nothing pretty much for ages or trying to do stuff in the dark which is pretty useless, yes I know I have a torch but you can't hold that and chop down trees as well plus working out where my house is in the dark or even with a torch is a pain, with no map and no way of getting back to my build even if I do wander off too far so its pretty pointless exploring, I was hoping for a little more game play or at least things like making lanterns or at the very least a fire, ah well is a shame I will pop back in 6-12 months maybe we will have a few more things we can build in the dark.

Is a nice looking game just a shame you decided to update graphics and other things like the sky that could of been done a little later and given us some extra game play, shame the z buffering is still there.

Would be nice if you could set the time to just day so at least we could build.

Comments

• AdamAdam Administrator
    Meowsters, post: 378, member: 325" said:
    Shiny new graphics, nice new interface, doors, stairs a few other building things, also changed to unity 5, fair enough this has taken time but there is even less to do than in the other versions now you have restricted inventory and not letting things stack (really), night lasts 4 times longer than day (or so it seems) so your doing nothing pretty much for ages or trying to do stuff in the dark which is pretty useless, yes I know I have a torch but you can't hold that and chop down trees as well plus working out where my house is in the dark or even with a torch is a pain, with no map and no way of getting back to my build even if I do wander off too far so its pretty pointless exploring, I was hoping for a little more game play or at least things like making lanterns or at the very least a fire, ah well is a shame I will pop back in 6-12 months maybe we will have a few more things we can build in the dark.

Is a nice looking game just a shame you decided to update graphics and other things like the sky that could of been done a little later and given us some extra game play, shame the z buffering is still there.

Would be nice if you could set the time to just day so at least we could build.

Well have fun.
    I'm sorry for the small playable and visible content in the last update, it wasn't very relevant to the actual gameplay or even graphics. Going from Unity 4 to 5 was a pain to achieve, and with that some of the gameplay aspects may have been shrunk a little.

The inventory is definitely changing, I'm just trying different approaches to find a balance between usability and realism, and seems that blocking stack limit to one is not it, at all.

About the day / night cycle, the length of days it's actually realistic, but because during test-play I can change the values on the fly, I didn't experience full days. I should readjust the nighttime length, and make it smaller.

But, thanks to the implementation of the console on the Beta update, I can add more commands to the actual list on the next update, to enable change the hour and day. That should temporarily fix the issue with the dark until I add more ways to lit the environment around you.
    Also, if you want, you can enable unlimited resources (avoiding the messy inventory) through the console, that command it's already in the game. Everything is explained on the Wiki page I just created.

I will try to push soon some minor updates with some improvements on time length, add commands and start to create more usable objects.
    And thanks for the feedback!
  • Just suggestion... but if torches could be set on ground, and enough to make path and work area, night would be realistic and fun.