How do I build?

Hello,
I just bought the game on Humble Store earlier today. What I do not understand is how I build. I have chopped down a tree and gathered some materials. As far as I can work out, I have made a foundation. At some point it mentioned "Press E to upgrade". I did, and nothing happened. I am not sure if this is a bug.
However, I have managed to build what is depicted on the attached screenshot.

Comments

• Heyas I will try and explain, you need to make sure you have enough resources so cut sum more trees down and make some more sticks if you need too, then just highlight the base you made so its got a white box around it, just move your camera over it till it gets the white box around it and press E it should turn into the bigger base have a look at my pictures.

[ATTACH]6[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7[/ATTACH]
  • Meowsters, post: 241, member: 325" said:
    Heyas I will try and explain, you need to make sure you have enough resources so cut sum more trees down and make some more sticks if you need too, then just highlight the base you made so its got a white box around it, just move your camera over it till it gets the white box around it and press E it should turn into the bigger base have a look at my pictures.

Thank you for your post. That white thing has showed up on my screen, but "E" didn't really do anything.
    Sadly :(
  • AdamAdam Administrator
    Antaeus, post: 240, member: 361" said:
    Hello,
    I just bought the game on Humble Store earlier today. What I do not understand is how I build. I have chopped down a tree and gathered some materials. As far as I can work out, I have made a foundation. At some point it mentioned "Press E to upgrade". I did, and nothing happened. I am not sure if this is a bug.
    However, I have managed to build what is depicted on the attached screenshot.
    To build you need sticks (3 x build) and to upgrade, you need the number of items that appear in the "Upgrade" message. If you don't have that resources in your inventory, you can't build. But, because there is no information for the player, you don't actually know if you have enough resources. It's the main issue that need to be addressed in the next update.
  • Adam, post: 243, member: 1" said:
    To build you need sticks (3 x build) and to upgrade, you need the number of items that appear in the "Upgrade" message. If you don't have that resources in your inventory, you can't build. But, because there is no information for the player, you don't actually know if you have enough resources. It's the main issue that need to be addressed in the next update.
    I would definately appreciate such information. No more tapping desperately at the "E" button :)
  • Meowsters, post: 241, member: 325" said:
    Heyas I will try and explain, you need to make sure you have enough resources so cut sum more trees down and make some more sticks if you need too, then just highlight the base you made so its got a white box around it, just move your camera over it till it gets the white box around it and press E it should turn into the bigger base have a look at my pictures.

Thank you for answering that. I just created this account purely to find out how to build xD